Monday, February 1, 2010

Chromepad as it should've been!

Hi,

I am afraid that I have to announce that I have stopped development on Chromepad 1.1, but the reason is, that I am currently working on Chromepad 2. Chromepad 2 is going to have Multiple Notes, maybe some export options and other nice features. This is how I pictured Chromepad when I started developing it.

I wont release it before it's excactly as cool as I want it. Therefore it wont be finished anytime soon, but when it's ready, it's gonna rock your world!

- Lundsgaard

5 comments:

  1. Will it also have "page dependent" notes - eg. I could add a note to this page and next time I enter you server (or exactly the same page or see the same "raw text" on a page or .. you can continue anyway you feel like) it will show up as a note to remember.

    Let me give some examples of how it could be used:

    1. recently I wanted to buy a harddisk and I was researching reviews online. If I eg. would have put a note on the text "WD3200BJKT" telling myself my impression on the disk I would not have to keep remembering this

    2. Remembering things over a long time can be "hard" sometimes. What I could do is to add a note to. eg. you website saying "Has a great Chrome extension called Chromepad" and I would next time I stumble upon you site be told about this .. and I would know more about the site.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I like your current version alot and I'm looking forward to this new release.

    A small feature request is to have a hotkey to activate it.

    Thank's once again, cheers
    /michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin,
    I might add page dependent notes. Currently I am working on the multiple notes system, and a way to get all these features into Chromepad without damaging the simple UI, but page dependent notes are something I might add.

    pomJ,
    I will check if theres any way to make an extension get a hotkey. Good idea btw.

    - Lundsgaard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I <3 chromepad. But just today I realized that you can't right click in it. Hopefully this can be in chromepad 2. Maybe you can put other options on the right click menu like undo. Thanks!

    Also, page dependent notes sounds like Sidewiki. I guess it is personal though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I get the Chrome pad that is updated because all I have from the download is an ugly old text box?

    ReplyDelete