Thursday, January 14, 2010

Serious Problems in 1.1.2 (Workaround)

Version 1.1.2 hit the gallery on the 12th of January. This update contained a minor change that had a big effect. I changed the location where it would store your notes, so that it wouildn't get problems with other extensions. That is why you're notes are gone. In 1.1.3 I have added a textbox on the options page which will contain your old notes. 


Hope this helps!


- Lundsgaard

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your work here...very useful. Where exactly are the notes stored?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The notes are stored in your 'local storage'. This is a new HTML 5 feature which works like a kind of super-cookie.
    Before patch 1.1.2 they were stored as 'textbox_text' but because other extensions might use that place, I renamed it to 'cpad:textbox_text'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your Chromepad is really cool. But let me say that your choice of the icon is highly immature. It doesn't look like a notepad at all. And moreover, it would be silly for most Chrome extensions to have Chrome logo in them. There would be 20 logos on my extensions bar.

    I have created special two icons just for you: click here to get the ZIP file with the two files. Color is greenish, just for you, to differ from various notepads etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not clear to me what you mean by "a textbox on the options page which will contain your old notes". That textbox is always blank. If I write anything there and close the tab, when I reopen it's blank again!
    Another feature I would like to see is a save/load, i.e. saving a note in a txt file and reloading old notes in the window. As it is now, on reopening Chrome I only find the last note I wrote.
    Good extension anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lumo,
    Thank you for the feedback and thanks for the icon, but I think it looks a bit too much like Windows Notepad.

    Roberto,
    That textbox is for ppl who have used version 1.1.1 or older and then upgraded to 1.1.2.

    ReplyDelete